Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cleveland Rocks!! (part 3) the ride home...

Sooooo, I took my time on my way home. I had to leave the hotel by 11am, so i had pretty much all day to drive.
I didn't really want to get home, so i tried to stay out as long as i could
(Oh yeah, before i left i got an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's because it was right outside the hotel. Let me just tell you, it did a number on my stomach, so the day did not really start out all too well, never again!!!)

First i stopped at Geneva State Park in Geneva, Ohio
There was a beach there, and i hung out there for a few hours, walked around and took a bunch of pictures
I kind of got back to my roots of photography, shooting objects in nature, not people
It felt good!


It felt really good to be out by the lake, on the beach with no one else around
Very relaxing

I didn't take too many pictures after this, i had had my camera around my neck non-stop since i left Rochester, and i felt like i needed put it down and just enjoy where i was instead of looking for a picture. I seem to miss out on a lot (in a way) when i have my camera. Although i also see things differently when i have it. But yeah...i needed to relax a little, so i tried to hold back.

But after that i left the park and i hung out in the town for a little bit. Got a sub from a little deli and ate it outside. It was such a nice day, and a nice little village/town. I walked around for a little bit before heading back out on the road.

I ended up stopping again in Erie, PA. I had never been there, and it seemed like an interesting place. I found some convention center on the lake and took what i had left of my sub out to the lake and ate it. After that i went up into some "skywalk" thing that connected the convention center to the hotel that was there right on the lake; it was kind of a cool view:



Then I left and went to look for a real park in the area. The GPS took me to some random street, with no park to be found. I drove around a bit, it was a bunch of little side streets. But i got chills driving around with the window down. Something about Pennsylvania gives me the creeps, ever since i started going down there with my family to see my cousins and grandparents when i was really little. It has ALWAYS given me a strange feeling. Maybe it's the smell, it has a smell to it, very distinct to PA. There's something about the houses too, the brick stairways up to everyones door, the rod-iron railings. I don't know, just creeps me out...i can't really explain it

Aaaaaanyways.
After THAT i headed back out. I was glad the GPS took me along the lake, and not back to the thruway right away. It was a much more enjoyable and relaxing drive. Before i got back onto the thruway i saw this abandoned restaurant and took a few shots in the parking lot real quick.


At that point it was around 5pm so i decided to just get back home.
I had a shoot the next day, so i didn't want to get home too late.
Soooooo, that's about it. I have a feeling i will be doing a LOT more of these trips in the future. It was quite an experience, and i look forward to exploring a little bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment